Friday, July 18, 2014

Indian Elephants-Inspired by "More"



I work as a roaming Art Teacher for grades 1-3 in Ben Tzvi Primary School in Afula once a week.I work through a wonderful organization called Keren Karev.
I have 2 classes of each grade and 143 pupils all in all! And teach them ALL in 1 day!
It’s definitely quite a challenge, but ever so rewarding!!And I love it!!!!

I am also a Children’s Book Illustrator and wanted to share one of my stories with my students.
I chose “More” a fable set in India written by the wonderful & talented Enid Richemont from England. We published it as a digitalbook
I copied the book  all on a disc-on-key and showed them the pictures on the screen, translating the story into Hebrew for them. They sat mesmerized for a full 20 minutes!!!Wow!it was great!
I pointed out the bold & bright colours, the patterns, the decorative details of the artworks. They were well impressed that their art teacher had actually illustrated this book!
I chose to take one element out of the story & teach them how to draw it, it was the elephant.
We used pastels and watercolors, adding gold gouache & beads for decoration.
We used 2 lessons; some classes even took another lesson to continue decorating!
Thank you Enid for the wonderful opportunity of illustrating your story!and sharing it with my students!


בעקבות איורים שנעשו על ידי המורה קלאודיה-ספר " More"- סיפור הודי
הוצאנו מתוך הספר אובייקט אחד שהוא הפיל ההודי
בטכניקה של פנדה, צבעי מים על בריסטול בקישוט נצנצים וחרוזים 


Indian Elephants with my students at Ben Tzvi

Indian Elephants with my students at Ben Tzvi



3 comments:

  1. Claudia - how lovely! Have you seen my latest work on the website: http://www.enidrichemont.org.uk? And followed me on Twitter: @enidrichemont? And I blog once a month on : authorselectric.com Otherwise, do get in touch via email - do you still have my address? enidanne@googlemail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia - lovely to hear your news, and thank you for the mention. Have you seen my recent work on the website - http://www.enidrichemont.org.uk? I'm on Twitter, too: @enidrichemont But do get in touch privately, by email - enidanne@googlemail.com Enid xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Enid! lovely to hear from you!!!will definitely get in contact!xxx

      Delete