Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Art with Ben Tzvi and Keren Karev


Lesson 4: 23 & 30/10/13-Van Gogh’s Sunflowers

Today would be our first experience with paints! I was both very excited & nervous!!I don’t have a home class room, no basin & I have full classes of up to 28 kids….and only 45 mins. to do it all!!EEEK! But my teachers are a great help! (The homeroom teacher stays with me) I don’t know what I would do without them!!!

We rearranged the desks to make groups, I brought a bucket of water (my mobile sink), tin cans for each desk and we got started!

Inspired by the beautiful work my private classes came up with I decided to do this at school too!

I showed them Van Gogh’s Sunflowers, some of them had seen it before. We talked about the shapes & colours and I showed them how to draw a simple vase. I told them they could decorate the vase as they wished. We also saw how if we added a line at the base of the picture we could have a table.

We used permanent markers for the outlines, watercolors & blue tempera for the backgrounds.

Though we were stressed for time (it could easily be a double lesson) It was a very successful event! And the results are superb!!!!



 

The grade 3’s wrote tests that morning so I had a small group of kids to work with! We were allowed to work in the library .We painted tortoises and had the best time! The grade 3’s painted their sunflowers the following week on the 30th
 

No comments:

Post a Comment