Thursday, November 08, 2012

Art with a splash of English - Under the Sea

This was my first ever class and I was both nervous & excited!
I am teaching in my dining room at the moment, which is messy but cosy & quite fun!
We had great music going and a beautiful light in the middle of the table, with swimming fish in it.
After looking at wonderfully inspiring children's books the kids were each given a black Artline marker and I told them to relax,enjoy and to go for it!
We then learnt the English words for fish, sea, starfish, jellyfish, octopus, dolphins and blue.
Some kids were very excited to hear the English words , others not interested at all, but I went with the flow and did'nt push anything!We had a great time, lots of laughs & excitement!
Lots of water and beautiful bright colours of inks, and we used salt to make gorgeous textures!

I'm not sure who had more fun!?Just watching these kids create these wonderful, colourful, free paintings was when I knew this is what I want to be doing!
I love it!!!
The kids were amazed at how much talent they had and how beautiful their paintings were!!!

Just look at the results
Outlines in Artline marker


Starting with some blue ink


Carefully choosing colours 

No comments:

Post a Comment