Sunday, January 12, 2014

Lesson :7 -13/11/13 -Helping Hands


This is the year I officially started teaching art lessons in the public schools through a program called Keren Karev.
I teach grades 1-3 at Ben Tzvi in Afula once a week.
I have 2 classes of each grade and 143 pupils all in all! And teach them ALL in 1 day!

It’s definitely quite a challenge but ever so rewarding!!And I love it!!!!



Inspired by a posts that I found in Pinterest I decided to make a poster for the walls using the children’s hands.
My school (Ben Tzvi) is very much concentrating on the motto of reaching high goals & developing the individual to his /her full and amazing potential so I thought it would be most appropriate! I thought it would be something great to do with the grade 1’s & 2’s.
 We used permanent markers for the outlines. Most of the kids managed to “trace “their own hands but it was actually quite a challenge for them, so I walked around helping them. They then decorated & coloured in the hands with colour markers in any colourful way that they chose.
I then cut out each and every hand and stuck them down (which was a surprisingly long process) but the results were astounding!


Filling in the details & patterning



"With a open heart and guiding hands a child can reach great heights!"










No comments:

Post a Comment