Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Art with Ben Tzvi & Keren Karev


This year I officially started teaching art lessons in the public schools
through a program called Keren Karev.
I teach grades 1-3 at Ben Tzvi in Afula once a week.
I have 2 classes of each grade and 143 pupils all in all!
It’s definitely quite a challenge but I love it!!!!



Our first Lesson: 2 October 2013- “Oops Beautiful”

I read the wonderful book” Oops Beautiful“and translated it into Hebrew. It is a wonderful story to help the kids celebrate their “mistakes” and turn them into magic! I think it’s a great way to start the year and get to know new kids.

I prepared small papers at home with splashes on them .I handed them out along with a black marker pen and told the kids to let their imagination go wild. I had also prepared a long paper full of splashes to do together and asked them what they could see and together we came up with all kinds of creatures!

Just look at their wonderful ideas .We had a wonderful start to the year and now we continually remind ourselves when we make a mistake: ”oops beautiful!”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment